THIRSTY FOX RACE
IT'S NOW OR NEVER
The first race created by real “LEGIONNAIRES” where you will be challenging yourself during the whole night until the sunrise
Three Legion Warrant Officers created parcours based on their daily training when on duty.
No less than 30 obstacles to tackle, and nobody to help running over the 26 kilometers.
Come to enjoy with us the best competition !
Use your imagination, endurance, vision and strength during the night survival !
When you reach the sunrise, another mission will be given.
Watch your 6, somebody might delay.
Thirsty Fox Race: 6th October Saturday Night from 10 pm “Mission Sundown”
Wake Up Call & the race continues with “Sunrise Mission”: 7th October Sunday from 6am
Kermess : 6th October Saturday, from 10am to 2am the following day. Then 7th October Sunday, from 10AM to 4PM, kids game, Fun and enjoy the party with DJ and live bands!
- Head set with lamp recommended
- 13 km including 15 obstacles
- NO-ONE GET LEFT BEHIND
- Sooner you arrive from night parcours, more you rest
- Emergency blanket is supplied for sleeping
- Wake up call – nautical parcours (no swimmers are accepted)
- 13 km including 15 obstacles
REGISTRATION PLANS FOR 2018
CUSTOM PLANS PLEASE CALL
Access Map:Riez 04500Chemin des colonnes
Latitude: 43.817039 / Longitude: 6.088296
Tel : 04 92 77 99 09; Fax: 04 92 77 99 07
4 Allées Louis Gardiol Marie – tel (33) 04 92 77 80 21 (closed Monday) Amis du Vieux Riez – tel (33) 04 92 77 80 45; Hotel de Ville
Riez Direction by Bus:
In the heart of the “Le Verdon regional park”, on the borders with the peaceful and warm Provence, in the foothills of the Alps historical, medieval village with 1700 Habitants,
86 km from Aix en Provence (TGV Train station)
114 km from Marseille (Marignane airport)
168 km from Nice (Airport)
Public transport would be by Bus from Marseille to Riez
Marseille – Gréoux – Riez – Castellane Bus FH-27
LER line 27 (part A): 3 buses/day, between Marseille and Riez, trip time 2 hrs. Stops: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Venelles, Meyrargues, Peyrolles, Pont Mirabeau, St Paul-lez-Durance, Vinon, Gréoux-les-Bains, St Martin-de-Bromes, Allemagne-en-Provence, Riez.
LER line 27 (part B): 1 bus a day between Riez and Castellane (via the Gorges-de-Verdon), trip time 1h30. Stops: Riez, Roumoules, Moustiers-Ste-Marie, Lapalud, Rougon, Pont de Soleil, Castellane
On the LER website (http://www.info-ler.fr/fr/lignes-horaires/carte-et-fiches-horaires-n287. , select Ligne 27: Marseille / Greoux / Castellane to display the bus schedule PDF.
Riez – Moustiers-Ste-Marie Bus
- The Riez – Moustiers-Sainte-Marie bus line has several buses a day; trip time 35 minutes.
Stops: Riez, Roumoules, Moustiers-Sainte-Marie.
Riez – Quinson Bus
- The Riez – Quinson bus line has 1 bus a day (each way); trip time is 30 minutes. Stops: Riez, Montagnac, St Laurent-du-Verdon, Quinson.
Why do we need to be a minimum of 2 persons to do the race?
For safety reason as it is a starting night race you will need to have a buddy to support you in case of emergency.
Some obstacles as well are a bit difficult to complete individually.
Is the Race and obstacles very difficult? and Safe?
This is a race where you will challenge yourself, it’ s all depend of your training performance, as a member you will be able to get a lot of tips from our specialists to be able to complete all the obstacles easily, as well to adapt yourself walking and running in the natural environment. (Night and Day)
Safety is our priority, all our obstacles are tested and safe using a maximum of natural products.
Can we skip some obstacles?
Yes if you are not confident to pass the obstacles, but you will always have the support of our volunteer and your teams mates to pass through the obstacle.
Don’ t worries if you really don t feel doing one of the obstacles you will not have any penalty.
The goal of Skill Sharpening association is “Never get man left behind” Meaning that everyone will pass the arrival line and get the medal.
What to bring and what to wear during the race?
Be comfortable and travel light, we recommend:
- Head set with lamp for Sundown mission
- Compression Shirt or normal shirt preferably Wicking fabrics (No cotton)
- Compression shorts or Normal running short
- Wool or wicking sock (No Cotton)
- Trail shoes (Salomon preferably)
- Gloves (For some obstacles)
How many water point during the race?
A total of 6 water point (3 during the night Mission and 3 during the morning Mission).
What i get before, during and after the race?
- One Race pack which include all the information about the race, one race cap and more
- Participation of 2 missions (Sundown and Sunrise) for a total of 26km
- More than 30 Adrenaline Obstacles in one of the most beautiful place in the world.
- Finisher T-Shirt
- One drink ticket of your choice
- Your own photos in action!
- Surprise gift for the 3 fastest winning team who complete all the obstacles!
Can I join even if i have no swimming experience (water phobia)?
Of course, nautical obstacles are perfectly safe with life guards and safety jacket are available if it makes you more confident.
What to do if you have no partner to register for the race?
Register as a single runner to “la course des renards solitaires” and the team will be set later on. http://inscriptions.oxybol.fr/inscription_synthese.php